Thursday, September 8, 2011

Gardening Update

We are, of course, back from camping.  Everything survived except the Oregano.  Some things, like the tomatillo, seemed to thrive on the low watering while we were gone.   The basil nearly died but thankfully we returned before the leaves got to the crunchy stage.  They were just terribly wilted but perked up after plenty of water.  



It's been fun harvesting this and that.  Tomatoes have done wonderfully.  They are large in size and in number.  Actually, it's strange they are doing so well because some of them have some disease where the bottom starts turning brown/grey and it works its way up the tomato.  It isn't actually rotting but mostly on the outside.  Only some of them do this.  We've had lots of good ones, so I didn't worry about it.

 

I managed to make salsa verde from my tomatillos.  They are producing like crazy with just the two plants.

                                                                                                                                                 

These are the Morning Glories that seeded themselves from last year.


Other than that, I've made several containers of pesto from my basil and have been busy making plum and blackberry jams.  The neighbors asked us if we wanted to raid their two plum trees and the bushes by our driveway are full of blackberries.   I don't mind that I didn't grow them myself, lol.

Thanks for stopping by!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

USES FOR WHEAT BELLY FLAX WRAP RECIPE

Have you seen the Wheat Belly FLAX WRAP recipe? I think the original version had more flax but whatever the case, I'm really thril...