Monday, August 1, 2011

Seeds to Harvest Garden Update

Today, we are packing up for our camping trip to the Oregon Coast.  This year, we'll be gone for nine days, so I figured I'd better post an update.  By the time we get back, all our plants could be dead!




These guys are the ones most likely to die. 
 As you can see, I planted two Romas in a planter that
turned out to be too small for such large plants. 
That means they look like this after a day without water. 
It doesn't seem they will fare any better after more than a week!


On the upside, things are growing nicely.  The Nasturtium (left) is going crazy.  We've used the leaves and flowers in salad.   

The Oregano (I think it's Oregano) seems to have survived and as you can see, it is much larger than the end of a pencil lead now, woo hoo! 




This is our Daylily and Morning Glory.  Normally the morning glory takes over our fence but this year it was growing in the wrong spot, so I put it in a pot and it hasn't done as well.  It does have this nice purple flower though.



Tomatillos are taking over the raised bed and overshadowing the Rosemary and Lavender!


The yellow pear tomato doesn't have the problem of drooping that the Romas do.         



The Stevia is growing a lot faster than I expected.










The pickling cucumber is growing and the
beds are filling in with squash.



That's all for now.  I've got to get off this computer and get ready to leave!  Head on over to Olivia's new post to check out some cool container gardening.

And if you think about it, pray for my plants :)


2 comments:

  1. Looking great! Hope you have a fun time camping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) We DID have a great time! Ended up staying at the coast for 10 days instead of 9. At the last moment, I had a friend say she'd water. Everything survived except that Oregano plant which was in her kitchen. Who knows why..strange. The tomatillos thrived on the limited water as did the squash.

    ReplyDelete

USES FOR WHEAT BELLY FLAX WRAP RECIPE

Have you seen the Wheat Belly FLAX WRAP recipe? I think the original version had more flax but whatever the case, I'm really thril...