Thursday, July 2, 2015

Amazing Strawberry Shortcake






SOUR CREAM POUND CAKE 

3/4c soft butter 
1 1/2c sugar 
3 eggs 
1 1/2c flour 
1/4 teaspoon baking powder 
1/2c. sour cream 
1 teaspoon vanilla 

Gradually add sugar to the butter and beat well. 
Add eggs one at a time, beat after each. 
Combine flour & baking powder then add to the mixture. 
Add sour cream. Beat 4-5 min. 
Stir in extract. 

Pour into greased/floured loaf pan (I put a piece of parchment in the bottom of my pan..lifesaver!) Bake for 50-80 minutes at 325-350 degrees (use a toothpick to see if it's done). 
Cool and remove from pan carefully.


STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE INSTRUCTIONS 

Slice the strawberries (they will shrink, don't be skimpy) and then blend about a half cup of them which I add back to the rest of the strawberries. Sprinkle some sugar on them and a little cinnamon/vanilla. (You could try a bit of Young Living cinnamon essential oil instead.  Get some HERE!) Make it the sweetness you like. Let it sit for a an hour or two to make its own juice (I don't like my shortcake to be too dry). 

Mix a pint of cream with sweetener to taste (usually a tbsp or two for me) and a bit of vanilla. Whip to the consistency you want. In a bowl, put a slice of cake, then some strawberries w/juice and then the cream. Repeat another layer if you like it big Top with a whole strawberry. Garnish with a bit of cinnamon. 

I make two cakes for our family and buy 2 pints of cream so we can have some the next day. I use 4-6 small containers of strawberries.

** If you need shortcake that is low carb, replace the pound cake with low carb pancake or maybe Muffin in a Mug.  For that matter, skip the starch altogether! YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

USES FOR WHEAT BELLY FLAX WRAP RECIPE

Have you seen the Wheat Belly FLAX WRAP recipe? I think the original version had more flax but whatever the case, I'm really thril...