Sunday, June 26, 2011

Gardening Challenge Update



Well, most of our seedlings are dead because we used a bad lighting source, but we bought some plants and will keep plugging away regardless.  This is our prized basil .  May they grow big and lush!

I have more pics than usual for this post.  I guess because everything is coming alive and all the green makes me feel like sharing it :)





The squash is planted in this flowerbed and should completely cover that plastic as it gets bigger.





Our strawberry patch is doing well.  This past week I put on some 'Miracle Grow' so everything should start looking lively soon, lol.





These two trees are called 'Burning Bush' and in the fall they get bright red.  Recently one of them died.  I have no idea why but it only took about 3 days for it to go from looking like the one on the left to the dead thing that it is on the right. 






While Christ and Joshua were looking under a planter in the grass they found this strange looking moth (?).  Can any of you identify it?







These are the Lamb's Ear that I divided and transplanted last year.  When they get big, you just cut them in half and plant it somewhere.  At first they looked very unhappy in the new spot and looked like they died but here they are all perky this year (the purple flowers).  In the middle is some kind of daisy or weed that was growing last year near our trailor.  I liked it and moved it to the flower bed.  It looks like miniature mums or something.  Might be related to dandylion for all I know, haha.   Below are some general pics from our yard which you can see if you are interested.






This is the first year these Peonies have bloomed.






A General View from the end of our front yard.





One the left is a hawthorn tree is just finished blooming.  On the right is a VERY fragrant rose bush that fills the whole yard with scent.  I also love hearing wind chimes and have a couple hanging from the tree.





Thses roses just bloomed.  They look nice but don't smell very much at all.


Thanks for stopping in !  If you'd like to see what the hostess for this Gardening Challenge is doing at HER place..check it out!  Even better...JOIN IN :)


2 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed with what all you have growing in your yard. I'm barely able to keep up with my 3 little boxes this summer with everything else that has been going on. I will hopefully get a new post us tonight or tomorrow. Your roses are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I don't claim to have a green thumb but I thrive on playing in the dirt whether things live or die, lol. Some sort of therapy that seems to come from my grandpa's side of the family (though he and his father were much better at keeping things alive than I am). When we first moved into our fixer-upper and everything was so discusting I put all my energy into some hanging baskets of flowers just so there would be somewhere to look that didn't depress me!

    ReplyDelete

USES FOR WHEAT BELLY FLAX WRAP RECIPE

Have you seen the Wheat Belly FLAX WRAP recipe? I think the original version had more flax but whatever the case, I'm really thril...